What a user publishes on the internet, stays there permanently. So it is important to follow some guidelines.
For people, it is important, what we think about ourselves. This is what self-image is about, it’s also about our self-worth, our self-judgment, and our self-value.
Self-esteem is the ability to do this for yourself: to like, admire, and value yourself. The important part of self-esteem is body image.
of men are dissatisfied with their body
of normal weighted women want to be thinner
of U.S. women don’t like how they look
In order to be happy with our image on the internet in a long run, it’s important to follow some guidelines.
What to do
There are quite a few things that are good to do regularly or at least in every few months:
- re-read everything you want to post, check the facts and also tone and language used
- check the privacy settings on all online accounts to be certain who will see your posts
- Google yourself to see what others see about you
- protect your personal data
- be careful when publishing photos
What not to do
It is sometimes better to focus on what not to do. This are a few don’ts:
- never post anything libellous, discriminatory or obscene,
- never take part in any type of personal abuse,
- post online things without thinking about how can be misinterpreted,
- never share any of your usernames or passwords with anyone.