A Learner Management System refers to a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, automation and delivery of training or learning and development programmes.
LMSs are used much more broadly than just for educational learning platforms. VLE’s are a place to collaborate and extend discussions as oppose to hosting trackable learning objects.
- create a valuable resource for accreditation, CPD and in-house training
- establish a organised system to manage the training process
- create and store eLearning courses, available any time, any where
- provides an individual training experience, whilst standardising training
- track and measure training effectiveness, boosting performance and knowledge retention.
Watch the video below to how an MLS works?
Like we discussed in the VLE section, there are a number of platforms Learning Management Systems you can use.
Here are some of the best systems, according to elearningindustry.com/. This post provides a comprehensive look at various Cloud-Based Learning Management Systems, including; Docebo, Adobe Captivate Prime, TalentLMS and LearningPool.
of employees favour set-paced learning
Of global LMS buyers
are Technology companies
see LMS as a competitive advantage